Sport EnglandTennis Clubmark

Press Reports

Tennis club to reveal revamp refurb

MANAGERS at a 150-year-old tennis centre are inviting old and new members to go along and view the improved sports facilities.

Players at Basford Tennis Club will be celebrating with an official open day to see and use the refurbished courts.

The club, which was founded in 1883, was originally located behind the Queen's Hotel and moved to its present location, off West Avenue, Basford, in 1926.

Huge improvements have been made to the four floodlit artificial grass courts.

The chairman of the management committee, Mark Hagan, hopes that many people will attend the event on Sunday March 24 to view the new facilities and join in with the special occasion to mark a new era for the centre.

The gates open at 2pm.

Sentinel, 08 March 2013

Read preceding article.
Read next article.